GitLab is a git platform used for code hosting and collaboration. It can be used to automatically run checks and other code or workflows on GitLab’s servers. We’ll learn how to use this to make our code robust to errors, preserved, and reproducible.
The skills we’ll focus on:
- Making scripts exit correctly
- Building a CI/CD workflow of unlimited potential
- Understanding how job runners work (and get access to your clones)
- The GitLab permissions model
- Protecting secret information while allowing jobs to run
This assumes that you’ll have some basic background with your command line, for example: